Monday, September 14, 2015

Hi family!!!! :) 

What a great week we have had. Seriously I don't know how to describe how great  being a missionary is. This week has gone SO fast!!! I don't know how the days go SO fast!! It is crazy! 

We have been teaching this refrence from a member who is a 16 year old boy named Marco. He is AWESOME! He loves the church and really wants to get baptized. We have been teaching him for a while and he always comes to church with this family.But he told us a few weeks ago that he wanted to wait to get baptized on his birthday. He thought it would be a good experience. We thought about it and didn't really say anything, because his birthday is in November. But we had been praying that he could change his mind.So he had a little chat with the Bishop ( who is awesome by the way! We have the best Bishop in the world!!!) He just told him that he should pray about it and ask the Lord if he wanted him to wait until november. So he did. Then we had a lesson with him on Saturday o sea 2 days ago. He told us he had prayed about it and that he was ready to get baptized this month. So we were really happy! Then yesterday he came to church in a white shirt and tie. He is really just the greatest kid. At the first of my mission I thought it was kind of silly to baptize jovenes. But the more I have been here I have learned that really some of them have the strongest testimonies and they help their families to become members of the church ask well. It has really been a testimony builder to me that you don't have to be an adult to know the church is true. You can know it when you are a little kid and then your testimony just grows and grows. 

Things are good with my companion I love her. She reminds me A LOT of me when I first got here. A little stressed and felt like I was never going to be able to do it but now I can look back and say I did it with the Lords help. So i just tell her everyday she can do it. She just has to be paciente and do her part so the Lord can help her. She is really great though! 

I have just come to love the people here in Costa Rica so much. One thing that I love is that members of the church in all places of the world are the same. You can always feel their love for you and know that they believe exactly what you do. That even though we are from very different places and cultures that we are all children of God. That he knows us and Loves each and everyone of us. 

Well family I hope everything is good. Everything is good here. We still can use your prayers to help us find some new people to teach as always but I love being a missionary with my whole heart. I can't tell you how grateful I am for the oportunity that my Heavenly father has given me to serve his children!! I love being a missionary!!! 

Thanks for everything family!!! Love you all!!!

Hermana Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment