Monday, June 2, 2014

Arrived in Costa Rica

Hi family! 
 
how is everyone?
Things are great here. I have been here for a week which is crazy! Bur i love it! 
My companions name is Hermana Garcia. She is from Mexico and she is SO nice! We get a long really well. She understands english but she doensnt use it. Which is okay with my becasue i know that i need to use my spanish as much as I can.  

So I will just try and tell you as much as i can....

so after i talked you you guys we had two flights to get here and that was great.  We got here about 8 at night and President Wilkinson and his family picked us up. With a few other missionaries. We went to the temple and had a little talk about what were doing here and that was great. They are awesome! Then we went to KFC and had dinner and finally got to an apartment at like 10 or 11. There were like 20 girls in this apartment. With two bathrooms....so that was awesome.  

Then we went to the office the next day and waited for the rest of the missionaries to come from the other MTC.  We sat in the office like all day..... the had interviews with the president and waited somemore for some other hermanas to come and pick us up to go on splits with them.  So we went out with a few sisters and taught some lessons and met members and stuff.  

Honestly i understand close to nothing here..... it is crazy haha but I LOVE IT HERE!!!

So the next day we went to the presidents house and had breakfast and then got our new companions.  Like i said my companion is Hermana Garcia. She is from Mexico and has been out for 15 months.  She is so great! honestly she is the best! She talks to everyone and is just so nice and patient with me!.

I can understand her basically all the time so that is good. Um.... I do not even know where to start.... so we are in Guanacasta.... and i cannot even tell you how hot it is here.  First because i have no idea but really it is so hot.  I have never been so hot in my life.  But it is great!. So Elders lived in our apartment before us so it was disgusting... and we have not had pday so we could not really clean it..... and we do not have p day this week becasue we get to go to the temple!!!!!! We are having a speaker from the 70 come on thursday i think. So we are going back to San Jose... it is like 6 hours away-......

So we just get to email today not clean or anything.... 

The food is so good! I don{t know what else you want to know...... but my spanish is coming... everyday i understand a little more and speak a little more. It is really hard but i knew it would be hard.  The church is true! Heavenly Father loves his children everywhere!!! I will be on for a minute so email away!

Love you all! <3 Hermana Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment