Monday, July 6, 2015

My Testimony

Hi family!!! 

Well this week has been crazy! President Hayes got here on Monday and we had our first leadership council with him on Friday. It was awesome! He is really amazing! We are so excited to have him here in our mission. And his family is really great! We learned a lot in the meeting. We were all a little nervous but the coolest thing is that even though he is not President Wilkinson you could feel the same spirit that was there when he taught us. So that helped me to understand that it is the Lord that is directing the mission and the work in Costa Rica. That the same success we have been seeing will keep going and increase because this is the work of the Lord. 

Well to start of we had 5 baptisms yesterday!!! :) It was a great day! It was a family 4 kids and then their vecina. The mom is going to be baptized too but she wasn't quite ready. But the best part was to see how happy she was for her kids that they made the choice to follow Jesus Christ. Also it was pretty cool because President Hayes and his family asked on Friday who had a baptism this week they could go to so they came to our baptism and to our ward on Sunday. It was really the neatest baptism! The best part was they were refrences from the ward so the ward was also really excited that they were getting baptized. 

We had kind of a rough week because I was doing divisions with some hermanas this week but it was a really great chance to get to help them and see how they were working. I love being able to help other missionaries to feel the spirit and to remember why we are here. Also this week our Bishop invited us to share our testimonies in the testimony meeting so that the members could listen to our testimonies. I have really grown to love sharing my testimony. It is the best way that we can feel the spirit and that our testimony can grow is when we share it with other people. So i guess I will take the moment to share my testimony with you guys because you weren't here on Sunday. 

I know that this it the True church. That it was restored through the profeta Jose Smith. I know that the book of Morman is the word of God. That if we read it and apply it to our lives we will come closer to our heavenly father and we will have a sure knowledge that Jesus Chirist is our Savior. I have always had a testimony of the gospel and the church. But In my mission I have come to have a sure knowledge that these things are true. That the gospel is the only thing that is important in our lives. That if we live it and apply it in our lives we will be able to return and live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again. I know that the Family can be eternal. Before my mission I thought that eternal life was just a wish that no one would be able to recieve it but the more I have learned about the Atonment and the Plan of Salvation is that God wants everyone to come and he has set up his plan so that we can win. So that every person if they choose can come back to his presence. We just have to decide where we want to go and remember that this is the only reason  we are here in this life to return and live with God. When we lose sight of that goal is when the things start to fall apart in our lives. I know that God listens to our prayers. He knows us and is aware of every single on of his Children. I know that Jesus Christ is our savior and that through the Atonmnent we can be forgiven of our sins!  That he can bind us up when we are broken and that we cannot do it alone. We may think we don't need his help but we always need him to help us. I love my Savior and I am grateful for the chance i have to be a Representative of Jesus Christ for 18 months of my life. And for the rest . I will never stop being a missionary. We are all missionaries and have the Duty to share the gospel with everyone we know. To be examples to those around us and help them to feel the Love our Savior has for them. 

Well family I love you all a lot! I hope you have a good week!!!!

Con Amor 

Hermana Chatwin

This is the picture of the baptism :)

No comments:

Post a Comment