Friday, April 25, 2014

Letter from Makall


April 24, 2014

Hi Family!

Well my email was really short today so I decided I would write you a letter. Um on Sunday we had the Easter devotional where President Uchtdorf came and talked to us. He talked about Peter and how after Christ’s resurrection he had a change of heart and became the best missionary he could be. That this process has to happen in all of our lives and missions. He talked a lot about having courage to open our mouths which is something I need  a lot of . His talk was awesome! So that was the huge sacrament meeting with everyone. Then after we got lost trying to help a girl in out district find something.  So we live on the west campus which is farther away from the temple and the “main MTC”. Only Spanish missionaries are here so it is nice because we all speak the same language so we use it a lot more. But anyway after sacrament we went to lunch on the west campus (our cafeteria is smaller , not as many options  which is probably a good thing). But president Uchtdorf came in the cafeteria and started shaking hands!!! That was actually the second time I shook his hand because I met him at SOTW when he came with his family. But that was really cool.

That night we had another devotional from Richard I Heaton who is in charge of something at the MTC. He talked about how to convert someone who had no knowledge of Christ. He brought an Elder out of the audience who is from Hong Kong and speaks Cantonese and Cambodian. He is going to Canada on his mission. He just shared his experience and conversion! It was awesome.

On Tuesday night Elder Oaks and his wife spoke. They gave an amazing talk about how to be a good missionary. One thing he said was “Remember this time is Heavenly Fathers not ours so we cannot waste a minute!” this made me think that I have to be busy every minute constantly trying to learn. So I made some flash cards with my Spanish words and take them to the gym so I can study there also. I can not waste a minute of my time here. I have to do what the Lord needs me to do!

I loved emailing everyone today and got a few letters from people! So tell Jordan thanks for the Dear Elder! Also Mom your Dear Elder Letter for Jenna came to me… so I’m not sure if I have her address.

Anyway I know this is hard but it is where I need to be . Hopefully the language will come! Um…. I think that’s all… I love seeing the pictures of the kids today! They all look so cute they all look so cute! Oh mom you said you sent stamps in the box but they weren’t there.

Oh tonight in class we were practicing bearing our testimony of Joseph Smith and the first vision. One Hermana read the verse in the JSH in Spanish and we all just started crying. It’s crazy how even the Spanish the spirit can touch your heart! I really had my own witness that that really happened! It was amazing! Well I think those are m highlights. Oh P.S. Dad the investigators are fake they are teachers/members so they are just for practice but it feels really real! We taught our first discussion 5 lessons and in the fourth one she committed to baptism seriously my companion and I were so happy!  We were almost crying! It feels so good and it really helps us understand what it will be like. It was so sweet “ we eventually will have 5 r 6 at a time! So that should be fun. It is hard in Spanish but it’s coming. I know if I do my part the Lord will help me.

Love Makall

P.S. Don’t forget to send my life flight sweatshirt or one of dads. … Some t-shirts, Yoga pants, socks, stamps… I think that is all. Also my blue dress that is my favorite  or Mom’s favorite, I guess s to short  I think it shrunk so I’m to going to send it home and maybe you can fix it….The one from white elegance. Well that’s all!

Well that’s All
Love you all!
Miss you tons!!


No comments:

Post a Comment