Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Great Week!

HI family!!!! (: 

I have had a great week! It has been so much better this week and I feel like I am finally getting the hang of things here! I feel like I have been here forever!! 

Well this week has just been a lot more class and teaching our fake investigators who are   really our teachers.  We teach one or two lessons a day.  One of our teachers had her last day here yesterday so that was really sad because she is the nicest one and we love her. 




Well yesterday we were taught two lessons so i will just tell you about both of them,  The first lesson was to our teacher Hermano Woodbury, and we had taught him one lesson before that.  Things were going really well we were all just talking ( oh and we teach all of our lessons in spanish) but then he just told us he didn't know if it was possible for him to change his life.  He felt like he was to far gone to come back.  We had planned on talking about the restoration but then i felt like we should share the story of Alma the younger with him.  So we opened to that and started  reading! The spirit was so strong and i don't remember anything i said because it was not me talking it was totally the Heavenly Father! I have never felt anything like that before! It was seriously amazing! I always want to be worthy to have that spirit and to know what it feels like so i can respond to it quickly.  This lesson gave me hope that maybe I can be a good missionary after all! 

The next lesson was horrible :( it was with our other teacher Hermana Osborn and she is hard to teach.  I like her a lot but she kind of scares me.  So really from the minute we started she just wasn't interested in our lesson and the spirit was not there.  I think i forgot how to say anything in spanish and i just kept looking at my companion like "help me" so that was really hard.  My companion is really hard on herself and likes to talk alot about how we did so bad but I really don't like to do that. I'm like wow that was horrible how can we make it better.  It really just taught me how sensitive the spirit is and that we always have to be trying to be better for him to help us.  

Well that is the highlight of my week here! I loved all the letters, and packages! Oh also one of the Hermans in our zone, Her name is Hermana Huff She is from Arizona, got locked in the bathroom yesterday in our class room for like 10 minutes.  We had to call security to come get her out.  It was so funny (: she is probably my favorite person here we get along really well but its probably okay we are not companions because we like to talk and are a lot alike.  My companion is nice I am for sure learning patience (: love you all and miss you tons!!! But not to much ;) 

Love Hermana Chatwin








No comments:

Post a Comment