Thursday, May 22, 2014

Last P-Day in the MTC

Hi family!

Well here it is the last P-day before I officially leave.  I am so excited! A little nervous but that's normal (: I just can't wait to leave! So our week has been so busy! We have been teaching like 5 people a day and trying to talk in spanish as much as we can.  We have been practicing teaching commandments and all sorts of things.  But the rest of the week will be so busy. We start packing today and then tomorrow we have in field orientation.  Not sure exactly what you do .  Everyone tells us it's a surprise! So we will find out tomorrow.  Then saay is our last day of class and we are basically just reviewing all of the spanish things we need help with for the whole day.  Which will be great help but my brain is always so fried after.  So many verb tenses to learn.  And all the ways its conjugated. But it will come.  Then Sunday is our last day... I have mixed feelings because our district is so great and only half of them are going to Costa Rica. I will miss them all very much but we are just so excited to go!  We leave Monday at 7:00 so i'm not sure if i will call in the SLC airport or in Texas.  Maybe both.  But i will hopefully be able to call everyone.  Mom, Dad, Morgue, and Kate.  I think i will but Mom and Dad for sure (: We should get there about 8:00 at night so not to bad.  It will be a great day!

So this week Elder Bednar came and spoke on Sunday.  But they did like a question and answer thing with him so he was just talking about a bunch of doctrine and stuff.  One girl asked why don't women have the priesthood.  And he gave the greatest analogy about the priesthood being an umbrella that blesses all the people under it the men just have the job to hold the umbrella.  It was really neat.  But he did give us one challenge he told us if we pray every morning and night for the gift of tounges and if we invite our families to do the same for us that we will be blessed and learn our mission languages well and quickly.  So i would love if if you guys could join me in this special prayer.  I have been praying for this every day and I have seen the change that it has made.  I mean my spanish is no where near perfect but it is improving everyday with practice! 

Well I love you all very much! I can't wait to talk to you again monday (: I will be on for a minute so email back if you want (: Love you all!

Love Hermana Chatwin





No comments:

Post a Comment