Thursday, May 8, 2014

Great Week!

Hi family!

This week has been sooooo good!!!! (: really I have gotten into the spirit of missionary work! So i have a few amazing suprises..........first...... I GET TO CALL HOME ON MOTHERS DAY!!!!! We are not sure why but all the missionaries get to call home... this is the first time in like forever! So i will be calling around 2:30.... i don't think anyone is on right now but i will call mom's phone so if you are all together i would love to talk to you (: So mother.... ANSWER YOUR PHONE when i call or you will miss me.  I get to call for 30 minutes (: i am so excited to talk to you guys i can't even handle it!! (: 

Um also this week Jeffery R Holland came and talked in our Tuesday devotional! (: it was amazing! He just basically went over out purpose of being missionaries and he has such a love for missionary work it is unreal.  When i found out he was talking i was like jumping for joy.  I told my Companion that it was like seeing my hero in real life! I was so happy! His talk was amazing! He also told us that it was going to be hard because it was hard for the savior! We have to feel a part of what he felt because we are doing his work here.  It was just amazing!

So our teachers are really pushing us this week to raise the bar.  We have learned so many great things this week especially.  We did an activity where we practiced street contacting and honestly i think that might be my favorite thing to do.... which is weird because i am not usually one to go up to people and stop them on the street to try and talk to them in a language i barely speak but it was a blast.  I felt that same spirit working in me again and I really can't wait to get to Costa Rica! 

Its so crazy that i have been here for 3 weeks... sometimes it feel like forever and sometimes I think what it's already been almost a month..... I love it here though! It is really hard but It is the best thing i have ever done! My testimony has grown SO much just being here for 3 weeks.  I know that this is the Lords work! That his hand is guiding us to the people who are ready and the things we need to teach! I love my Heavenly father soooo much it is unreal!

So last night my eye started hurting...i took my contacts out and my eye was blood red... it still really hurts but i am going to go to the doctor today just to make sure that it isn't pink eye or something.  I will keep you posted Mom (: 

Well thank you all so much for the letters and packages this week!! I really love you all so much! I will try to write everyone a letter today but things are going really good here! My companion and I are getting a long and  being able to talk about things and teach together. The language is coming! Slowly but surely! and I know that this is exactly where my Heavenly father wants me to be,

Oh the reason we are emailing early today is because we get to go to a special art exhibit at BYU called "sacred gifts" or something (: i don't really know! Anyway i love you (: 

Love Hermana Chatiwn


No comments:

Post a Comment