Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hard at work!

Hello everyone :) so i don't know if you heard but we will now be writting on tuesdays becasue of some problems we have had in the mission. We all have to write together as a district to be in the internet together.... so that is interesting... yesterday was so weird... we didn't do anything because we didn't write you guys.
So this week was actually really good! I think that sometimes I am a little hard on myself when it comes to being a good missionary. But we had a baptism this week he was a son of a Recent Convert! It was really great! I love this ward so much! The members are awesome!
My companion and I are really trying to work better together and we have had a lot of success these past few weeks. These past few weeks we were looking for this lady that the Hermanas found before I was here. We had passed by like 10 times and still was never there. So we decided one time more we would go and see if she was there. And guess what.... SHE WAS. She opened right up and said oh sure come on in. She told us that that day before she had been praying and asking God to help her find a way to be happy again. That she just needed a little bit of hope in her life. And the next day we found her. She has a lot of problems and isn't quite ready to make a big change in her life but I had never felt the Spirit so strong as I did in that moment when she was telling us that she felt so alone. She started crying. I started crying. It was really just the sweetest experience!
We also have another investigator and her daughter who have been coming to church because they have had a lot of help from the members. The members here have been awesome with helping us bring people to church. I have such a testimony of member missionary work. I know that really the members make all the differance. THey change everything! So if you have missionaries in your ward ask them how you can help them bring people to church on Sunday really you will make their day! :) This same lady the other day we tauth the word of wisdom and I was thinking it would be hard to get her to stop drinking coffee but she was like oh yeah that makes sense I should stop.... I was like yes :)
But things are really getting better here. We had a really good week and I didn't really realize it until today we were in out District meeting and we always have to put our numbers on the board and talk about why we didn't meet soem goals or what we are doing to meet the others. And we really had a really good week! We are working really hard and we have a few baptisms for this month! A few families that need a little more time but things are really getting so good! I love being a missionary so much! It is the hardest best thing I have ever done! We had a girl that gave a talk on Sunday about how we need to pray for missionary experiences and I would just invite everyone to think of one person with whom they can share the gospel... Really just one. Pray about it. Fast about it. and then DO IT :) Open your mouth and share the message of the resturation or that we can live with our Heavenly Father again someday. Do it and you will change soemones life! And you will help your own testimony grow too!

Well family I love you guys a lot! I hope you have a good thanksgiving! We wont be doing much here so eat some turkey and potatoes for me! Love you guys!! <3
Hermana Chatwin



No comments:

Post a Comment