Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Full of Miracles

Hi family (:

Well this week has been a pretty rough week but so full of miracles it is not even funny! Where do I even start.....
So we had this family a mom and daughter who were preparing to be baptized this week. They were both progressing really well and they have had a lot of help from the members. They come to church every week and they really love it. But on saturday of course Satan knew that they were going to get baptized and he did not want that all. They had a few problems with one of the member families that they were going to church with so they said they weren't sure if they wanted to get baptized on Sunday. The worst part was because the Hermana, the mom, she said I know I am ready to get baptized I just don't know if I am going to tomorrow. So we didn't really know what to say.... We just sat there for a few minutes in silence and then I said okay Hermana we are going to give you a chapter to read in the book of Mormon and pray and ask your Heavenly Father if you should be baptized tomorrow. She said okay and then we left. We got to our house and both just started crying and prayed for a good while. Then we tried to go to sleep but really I don't think we slept at all. The next morning we called her and she sounded really sick. She told me she had been throwing up all night. That when she is stressed she gets sick. So we went to her house with the Elders. This was at 8:00 and church starts at 9:00. They gave her a blessing and then after I asked her so Hermana what do you want to do. I asked her did you pray last night. She said yes. I asked her and what is your answer? She said that I need to get baptized today. So I said well then VAMOS hermana (: So she got up at like 8:30 and got ready. And all of us went to church! She was SO happy. All of the meetings on Sunday she was just saying "Hey me and my daughter are getting baptized today!" She was so happy! So the baptism went off without a problem! Then after they asked her and her daughter to share their testimony, She just said I am grateful that I have the priviledge to be baptized today. Really it was the most amazing thing that had happened. We put this fecha with her almost a month ago. We were sure that really it was under inspiration and we were fasting for her so that everything would work out. 
THis week my testimony has grown so much in that really when we are doing our part the Lord will ALWAYS do his. We might have to work hard or their might be a few minutes when we doubt but he will NEVER doubt us. I know that he knows every single one of us and he has a plan better than we can imagine! I know that really like it says in Ether 12:6 really you don't recieve the witness until after the trail of your faith. But when you recieve the witness your testimony can grow until you have a sure knowledge that the Lord is doing his work. I know that this is the work of the Lord. That he is hastining his work. You can feel it. Everyone is getting ready for him to return to the Earth. What a great opportunity we have to help other people come to the knowledge of the truth! I love the gospel with all my heart! Being a missionary is hard stuff but it is the best thing I have ever done in all my life! I wouldn't change it for the world!
Can't wait to talk to you guys in a few weeks! Love you all a lot!
Hermana Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment