Tuesday, March 3, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME (:

Hi family (:
Can you believe how fast the time has gone! We are in MARCH..... where did the time go. I hope you all celebrate my birthday with some chocolate satin pie from Marie Calenders. And save me a piece. (:
This week has been really great we have been having a lot of success. 
On Sunday we showed up to church and we were talking to all the members and there is this family that we have been visiting the whole time I have been here. The wife was inactive but she started coming back to church. We have been visiting them almost every week because the Husband still hasn't come back to church. He had a whole bunch of excuses and was just not wanting to change. It was so sad to watch because the wife really wants to go to the temple and have an eternal family but she was saying I can't do that by myself. Her and I have gotten to be really close and we have been fighting so hard for him to come back to church. Then on Sunday her daughter came up to me and told me hey Santos came to church he is sitting on the front row (: So I went up there to say Hi to him and when I saw them together I just started tearing up a little bit. I was just so happy to see them there! The wife just started crying and gave me a big hug and said we did it we knew he would come back. She told me that she had been having a really hard time paying her tithing but she decided that it was something she needed to do. And when she started paying her tithing again that next Sunday her Husband came back to church. I am so grateful for the commandments and for the things that the Lord promises to bless us if we keep them. I know that all of the commandments are really ways to help us recieve blessings. I know that the commandments are a way to accept the Savior in our lives. 
Also yesterday we had a really great experience.
We were board so we decided that we would watch some movies. We have movies of the district which are like training videos for missionaries. So we watched those for like 3 hours yesterday and were talking about some of the things we could do better. We were watching one lesson and decided he we need to try that with one of our investigators so we wrote down some questions that we needed to ask her and we went to the lesson. It was probably the best lesson we have ever had! It was so great and she really felt the spirit so strong. And that she was going to pray to see if she should be baptized this weekend. I know that the Lord will bless her to recieve an answer. Also i gained such a strong testimony of planning that really when we do all our part the Lord will bless us with the rest and the spirit will help us to teach in the way we need to.
These past few weeks I have really come to understand the gospel so much more. I have come to understand my purpose as a missionary and I love doing it. I am so grateful to be here. I know that my heavenly father knows me and knows exactly what I need. He knows every one of us and wants us to succeed. Really heavenly father loves us so much and it is so much easier to follow the gospel and to live the commandments. Life is never going to be easy but It is worth it and SO much easier when you live the gospel. (:
Well Family I love you guys! I hope you all have a great week! Love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment