Monday, August 31, 2015

Well another crazy week in Costa Rica!

Hi family!!!! 
Well another crazy week in Costa Rica!! I love it here. I can´t even tell you how much I love it here. This week we had the oportunity to see two of our investigators be baptized. It was a very special baptism because they were refrences of a less active family. The boy that baptized them was inactive but started coming back to church with them. He had already been ordained a priest so after a few weeks of preparation and some goals with the Bishop he was ready to baptize them. It was such a neat experience. Also his parents came who are both members but are inactive as well. It was such a neat experience to see that he really has wanted to change and to be active in the church for his own decision not for his family. He is really excited! I love seeing how the gospel changes peoples lives. And how people come to know the savior so much better through church attendance. Also in the gospel principles class we were talking about going to the temple and basically all ofour recient converts are getting ready to go to the temple and do baptisms in a few weeks. 

I love seeing them be worthy and ready to go to the temple. It is really just helps me to remember why I am here. That it is not about numbers that these are real people who are preparing to go home to our father in heaven. My whole mission I have been very focused on numbers and always trying to be the best. Which I don´t think is bad because it has helped me to learn to work really hard. But now I have realized the reason behind the hard work.That everysingle one of the people we meet is a child of God. That he loves them just as much as he loves me. 

I am so grateful for the experiences I have had here and how it has helped me to know what kind of member i want to be when I get home. I went on divisions this week with some hermanas and I met some members that have like a family home evening but it a noche de groupo. So they invite all the members that want to and the recent converts, menos activos, and investigators. It was the coolest thing! I love the feeling that members get when they start working in the Obra misional. I can´t wait to go home and start working there as well. I just wish that all members could feel that love for missionary work. 

Well family I love you guys!!! Today was my last day of changes..... the next one i will be going home....how weirdis that! I can´t believe it! But I am going to give my heavenly father everything I have this change! I want to finish my mission happy :) I love being a missionary!!! Miss you guys! Love you!!  I hope you all have a good day! 

Hermana Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment