Monday, August 17, 2015

First of Happy Anniversary mom and dad!

Hi family!!! 

First of Happy Anniversary mom and dad!!! Thanks for being such great examples to us of how to have a righteous family and to have a happy marriage! I love you guys and I am so grateful for the opportunity the Lord has given me to be part of your family!

I can´t believe how fast the time goes!!! 

This week has been good! We have started to find more people to teach and things are getting better. But my poor companion has been having problems with her knee. It started on monday but she was toughing it out. Then on friday she could hardly walk. Saturday it got worse. We walked like 2 minutes and she had to sit. Then we would walk 2 minutes and she had to sit. Then yesterday also she was having trouble walking just the same. So we are going to the office today to talk to PResident Hayes and she has an appointment at the doctor tomorrow. So pray for her that things will be okay. She doesn´t want to go home at all! So we need all the prayers we can get! 

This week we did have a few miracles! We were on divisions with some other sisters and we went to visit this lady that told us we could come back another day. So we went and visited her. She let us right in. We talked for a few minutes about her family and about her life and she told us that she just felt like she was not worthy to be with God that she had committed to many sins. So we talked about the atonement and repentance. You could see this light just light up in her face. It was really the neatest thing. That helped me remember why I am on a mission. To help other people feel the love of our Savior and to help them understand that repentance is possible.
That we can be completely clean of all our sins. Also we found another Hermana that we just started talking to her and asked if we could share something and she said yes. So we just started talking and she told us her story... she told us that before she didn´t believe in God and that she has had A LOT of problems in her life. But that there came a point when she decided she needed to change and started going to the Catholic church. She said God saved my life. We invited her to come to church and we also invited her to be baptized. She paused for a second after we invited her she said, I think that maybe I haven´t gotten an answer from God because I keep telling him I want to be Catholic but maybe he wants me to change. I am going to read that folleto and I am going to pray and ask God if he wants me to go to your church. It was a really amazing experience. It taught me that The Lord knows who he wants in his church. A lot of the times the missionaries say well they are really catholic so i am sure they wont listen. But that is not true. The Lord and the spirit work in ways we can´t understand. He is the teacher. If we are worthy of his companionship we will be able to be instrument in the hands of the Lord.

I love being a missionary. I can´t tell you how much I love it. I love feeling the spirit and being able to know that the Lord wants me to be here. There are a few sisters that have been struggling and want to go home. They are just starting there mission. So it has been amazing to see that the Lord has been able to help them through me. That the Lord knows his children. I have not done anything but the Lord has helped them to feel the spirit. It has made me reflecionar. That the mission is the hardest thing I have ever dont but it is the best thing i have ever done!  I wouldn´t change it for the world. 

Well family I love you guys! I hope you have a great day!!! Pray for my companion!! 
con amor, 
Hermana Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment