Monday, August 11, 2014

We are having a little more success....


Family!!! (: How is everyone doing?? 



This week has been pretty normal. We have been working really hard! We are having a little more success....  

So this week for our Noche De Hogar we had a night of Unity.. because we are trying to help the two branches get a long a little better. We had a whole bunch of food but there were so many people.... like 100 something... So the food was in short supply.... we had everyone line up and the Sisters of the ward were serving the food. Some how I got put in charge of serving the Arroz con Leche. Which is kind of like rice pudding... its really good and everyone loves it. But obviously that was the last thing people were eating so I was waiting for everyone to get rice before i could eat.... lets just say all the good stuff was gone by the time i was finished. I had like a tortilla and some chinese food. Haha (: I guess that is what you get when you are serving others (: but it was still great. The best part is that I was eating but some of our investigators were there and their kids wanted to play soccer but no one would play so Hermana Garcia andI started playing. I put my food down so i could play and one of the Sisters was cleaning up... I saw her coming and she picked up my plate and put it in the Garbage. I was like Hermana Hermana no that is my food. She obviously didn't hear and put it in the garbage.... I was like Oh no!! She was like oh no that was yours. Oh it's still good meh just eat it. So I ate food.... that was in the garbage... (: haha it was pretty funny. A little gross but funny (:

So we found this family a few months ago and the mom came to church like the sunday after we found her but that sunday was horrible. She was a little late so she missed the sacrament and had to wait outside for it to finish. Then her kids were really restless during the meeting and the talks were realy weird.... SO after that she basically told us that shd didn't want to meet with us and that the church was kinds of weird. We were sad but What can you do. So we still tried to talk to her and invite her to stuff but she wouldn't come. Then this week we were walking by her house and she has a daughter that is two who really really likes me (: We were walking by and she saw us. She ran into the house and said the Hermanas the Hermanas but when her mom came out to see us we had already left. So she started crying and her mom called us and told us to come back later So we did and we invited them to come to the Noche de Hogar. They came! And her Husband came too which was a miracle because before he dind't want anything to do with us. We had a really great lesson with them and she came to church this week (: He had to work but they came! (: I was so excited! And this time i was prepared to entertain her kids. I had cookies crayons and a coloring book. So they were entertained and she could listen to the talks. She really likes the church now. And things are getting better in her family with the gospel. Hermana Garcia and I were joking that her daughter is going to be the salvation for their family because she really wouldn't have called us if it wasn't for her daughter. So i'm  pretty sure her and I were friends before this life (: haha 

Well this week has been pretty normal. Things are good. The work is moving forward. (: the church is true and Heavenly Father has a plan for everyone. I love you all so much! Miss ya like crazy! The pictures of Haileys birthday were SO cute! She is talking so much! And Blakes little Train hat what cuties (: The pictures of Bryn and Ave mopping the floor. Man those girls are gonna be good little mommies (: I love you all and miss ya like crazy! Hope you have a good week 

Love Hermana Chatwin



This is the cute family (: their daughter loves me (:

No comments:

Post a Comment