Monday, August 25, 2014

We have a baptism planned for this saturday

Hi family (: 

How is everyone doing? Can you believe that August is almost over??

This week has been good. We have been having more success with finding new people to teach and we have just been having a lot of fun this week. We have a baptism planned for this saturday. A Grandma who my companion is kind of obsessed with because she reminds her of her Grandma. But she is really sweet (: She is always just wanting to talk to us because she is living with her daughter but her daughter is always working so she is with the grandkids. But they are CRAZY! Hopefully we can get the mom to come to church with us too so everyone can go together. 

 This sunday we had two Abuelas that came to church. Both of them are progressing (: yay for the grandmas of Costa rica! (: But this week we were a little frustrated with finding new people so we said okay lets just knock this door and yeah. So we did there was a Lady who is really really prego... But she didn't have time to talk so she told us to come back later. We went back another time and same thing. Then yesterday we went back again and her husband was there. We started talking to them and found out that he is a member. That his brother is in our ward. And that all of their kids were almost baptized with the missionaries about a year ago but no one was. So we have a goal with them to help them get married and then to baptize the mom and their kids (: We were really excited! The craziest thing is that we really were just knocking doors and found his family. We knew that they lived in this part of our area but we had no idea where. It just goes to show you that the Lord knows where we need to go and if we are listening to him we will find the people we need to find. 

Also this Sunday I gave my first talk in Sacrament meeting (: yay!! I was really nervous but It wasn't horrible. I didn't even look at my notes the whole time so that was good! But I had to give my talk twice because we have started to have a meeting in the Noche for the people who have to work during the day so I had to give my talk twice,  I love my branch so much! Ah the members here are so great! I really couldn't have asked for nicer people! They really have become my family here in Costa Rica! 

Well family! Keep me in your prayers (: I love you all so much! Hope everything is going good with you!! <3<3<3<3 


Hermana Chatwin

 My wonderful tan line (: yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment