Monday, September 1, 2014

Hi Family!! How is everyone doing?? The kids are getting so big! I love seeing them (: This week has been good! We are having a little more success every week. Lets see we had a baptism this week for our Abuela Flor (: yay!!! She is such a nice lady.  We were a little hesitiant because she kept saying yeah i want to be baptized but she is really afriad of everything. And she wanted her grandkids to be baptized too but they have only been to church once so they need a few more times.  So we had the interview with her and she decided that she was ready to be baptized. So saturday came and we went to her house to get her and she was still deciding..... But she ended up deciding she was ready (: yay!!!! It was really the neatest thing every.  After the baptism the ward mission leader invited her to say something and she stood up and just said thank you. Thank you for helping me make this step in my life. I feel like I am right with God now.  I asked her how she felt after it was all over and she told me I just feel so peaceful. It was so great to see her so happy. And she said of course my grand kids are going to follow me. So we are working really hard with them to get baptized this month (: 

We also were looking through some of the old resisteros of the other missionaries who had been here before and found a girl who was never baptized so we went to find her.  We went to her house and found her step dad and her.  He told us that he had been praying for someone to help him find the light in his life.  And guess what.... HE CAME TO CHURCH SUNDAY!! All by himself. We called him but we had the wrong number.... so we were waiting and Yeah he came by himself!!!  So that was pretty exciting (: 

This saturday we had a talent show with both of the branches so everyone danced or sang and played songs. It was pretty fun. We ( the hermanas) sang a song that one with the cups... so that was fun (: i have a video. So things are good! My spanish is coming that is probably the least of my worries now... My teaching on the other hand still needs a lot of help. But it is coming! 
Well Hope everyone is good! Crazy Jen will be home in 4 weeks. I can't believe how fast it went... Well i love you all (: hope you have a good week! 


Love Hermana Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment