Tuesday, August 5, 2014

WE HAD SIX INVESTIGATORS IN CHURCH!!!!

Hola familia!!!

How is everyone this week??? Things are good here! This week has been really great!

Well this week we had a special meeting for our Zone and President Wilkinson came and talked to us.  He is so great! So we talked about where things are going here and the vision that the Lord has for our Area, Guanacaste. We are aiming to have a stake here by the end of the year. Which will take a lot of work but we are all really excited to work hard! After this meeting we had interviews with President. He and his family are just so awesome! I was so grateful to have those few minutes to talk with him. He asked me what has been the hardest part of my first few weeks and I told him that I just have to do it. I have been watching my companion for 11 weeks and learning a lot from her but now i just need to do it myself and he said Yes Hermana Yes you do. :) He is awesome!

So after the meeting Hermana Garcia and I had divisions with the Sister Training Leaders. I was a little bit nervous for this because Hermana Garcia was going to Liberia and I was staying here with another Hermana... so basically I was incharge of planning and saying where we were going and who we would talk to. I was really nervous! But we had a great two days. Most of our plans fell through but I learned a lot and i learned that I really do know how to do this I just need to do it. 

After Hermana Garcia got back we had a long chat about how we just need to start working harder to see more results. We do these things call LPE's which is Leccions para encontrar. ( lessons to find) we basically just talk to someone on the street teach them something small and set up another time to visit them. So we have a goal to do 20 or more of these a day and we have really been struggling with this. But also with people coming to church. So every time we prayed about what we needed to do to get people to come to church i just felt like we need to do out LPE's because this is how we show our Heavenly Father that we are willing to do our part. So when we were on divisions we did 40 and then when she came back that saturday we did 20 as well. Then guess what happened on Sunday...... WE HAD SIX INVESTIGATORS IN CHURCH!!!! We were so happy! Plus it was fast sunday so that was really neat that they got to listen to our branch bear their testimonies.

We have really just started to work harder and remember why we are here. I love my companion so much! We are really like best friends! She is such a great example to me! Oh also this week in divisions, so we have a phone but i hardly ever use it because i couldn't understand anyone speaking on the phone. But since she was gone i had to talk on the phone..... anyone that knows me knows that is my phobia. But i did it. I was calling one of the sisters in our ward and she started talking to me then she asked me how Liberia was I told her this is Hermana Chatwin, i am in Canas. She was like oh my heck i thought you were Hermana Garcia your accent it pure tica~!! :) I was so happy to hear that. THen the next day I was talking to my companion and she thought i was the sister training leader because my accent! The lord is really working miracles! Not just with my spanish but with the work her in Costa Rica! I love it here! I know it's hard but it is so worth it! 

So clearly we changed Pday this week because there is a senior couple that is going home this change so they decided to take us to the "Zoo".... Anyone who knows me knows how much i love the regular zoo but this was the wimpiest zoo in the world. The only cool thing was you could feed the giraffes and zebras. I was not impressed..... But it was fun to do something with our zone (: Also on the way there we had to take a bus. The last time we went Hermana Garcia Contacted the bus but this time she said go for it. So i went to the front of the bus and started talking and shared a little bit of our message. (: it was a little scary but I am so blessed to have the help of the Lord always! I love being a missionary! 

Well family hope all is well with you guys! I love you all SO much! Can't believe it has almost been four months. The time is flying by! I love seeing all the pictures of your cute kids! Everyone is so big! And Baby Liam (: yay!!!! Hope all is well with everyone! Love you all so much!! 

<3 Hermana Chatwin 


Here are a few pictures from the zoo.... yeah it was a little pathetic but i fed a Zebra with my mouth so yeah that was cool.... (:


No comments:

Post a Comment