Monday, July 21, 2014

A slow week in Costa Rica!


Hi Family!
This week has been pretty slow. Nothing to exciting.. We have a few new investigators and hopefully will have a baptism this week. We are just having a really hard time getting people to come to church. :( So that is our focus right now. We have decided that we are going to pick one family to help us with each one of our investigators and then if they help us baptise them we will make them dinner or something..... everyone likes food right. :) Anyway my spanish is coming slowly but surely. We have a new district leader...well will have our district leader had cambios de emergencia.... so he is in San jose with his comp. Hopefully we will have them back today. Things are good. The food is good... I am going to be a fatty when I come home....
Ah i dont know nothing really exciting has happened. Just keep praying for our investigators that they will come to church! :(
But i am happy and alive and everything this good! The church is true :) this is lords work! We are his hands! So help the missionaries in your ward! Ah help them to find people and help them teach! Seriously this is the best thing ever! To be part of someone changing their lives is incredible!
Well I will just share a little bit of what I was reading this week in LDM. I was reading about Abinidi. Wow.... seriouly that guy was one heck of a missionary. His words were so powerful and his testimony of the Savior is amazing. I love that the things he was testifying of had not happened and he had so much faith in the Savior that he was going to atone for our sins.  That Abinidi was teaching the same principles that we are teaching everyday. I love how the gospel is always the same. The gospel of Jesus Christ never changes because He never changes.  He is and always will be our Savior.  He knows us perfectly and wants to help us.  But it is our choice if we will come to him and change. I have started marking all of the times that the scriptues say Come because I love that the lord is just inviting us to come to him and change our lives.  We have to take those first few steps in the darkness before he can help us with anything. I have really gained a testimony of this these last few weeks with my spanish. The days that I feel like I cant speak are the days i need to open my mouth and talk to someone. Because when we take those few steps in the darkness the Lord is right there to help us find what we need to do. 
I love the gospel and my Savior so much! I am so grateful to be a missionary for him here It is the best!!! I love this gospel with all my heart! 

Well thats all from the Costa Rica Sister Chatwin!
Oh and CONGRATS KATE!!!!!!!! Baby Liam is adorable and the video of him and blake was too cute!

 Everyone is getting so big! :) Love you and miss you all!!
Love Hermana Chatwin
Part of the e-mail she sent to Mom! it sounds like her spanish is coming along!
But last week we were in San jose and mom really my spanish is coming so much better than i thought. We were with all the other girls i came with and they cant speak..... i was reading the notes from my blessing and it said i will learn the language fast and well. The first few times i read that i was discouraged because i thought it would be like 3 weeks and I would have it down but when you think about it that i have only been learning spanish for 3 months the fact that i can talk to people and basicially  understand everything is a blessing. So its getting better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment