Monday, July 14, 2014

Hola Familia!!!!!

Hola Familia!!!!! 

How is everyone?? How has your week? Can you believe that in a few days I will have 3 months in the Mission..... What?!?!?! Where did the time go?? I loved the pictures of the kids :] Everyone is getting so big.. And mom glad you can use the clothes I didn't bring... Now i am wishing I had them because it is so hot. I use like 4 shirts here that are short sleeved. .... Anyway...
This week has been good. We have had more success with our investigators but nothing to exciting.

I talked about one investigator in my letter last week that was so ready for us to teach her but her husband is married to someone else. Well Her husband got a new job so he is hopefully going to start the proccess of getting divorced this week :] They are SO awesome! She came to church this sunday and in Gospel Principles we talked about the gift of the holy ghost. Then in Relief Society we talked about baptism. Druing the class she said. Well i was a little afraid about getting baptized but i know it is what I need to do. I want to get baptized but before I do that i need to get married :] We were SO happy!!!! Ah she is awesome.! Also she LOVES the book of mormon. She reads like everyday. She is just so much happier in her life :] Ah the Book of Mormon is So powerful! We have a hard time getting people to read it but i know that once people take those first few steps to start reading their testimony just explodes! I love the Book of Mormon. That is the best part of my day when I get to read for myself and apply those things in my life! 
On Friday we got to go to the temple because one Hermana Garcias converts went through.  It is about a 4 hour bus ride So we left at like 2 The session started at 7. We thought we would have plenty of time. But the bus was so slow.  We got into Belen which is where the temple is at about 6:45. So we had to take one more bus. But it was slow so we got off and were trying to find a taxi. At this point it was like 6:55 we finally got a taxi and we got to the temple. We were running to the door and they said oh no we just closed the door :[ Hermana Garcia was so sad! But we did inititories which was still really cool. Then we just waited for them in the Celestial room. We spent the night at the Hermanas house in Belen and then came home early Saturday morning. 

We also had a wedding on Saturday. The groom is a member but he has been less active for a few years.  The Bride is our investigator and she is hopefully going to be baptized the end of this month.  :] They are awesome! 

We have started a new thing with our branch that we are going to have a mega family home evening once a week in the chapel with everyone. So this week was the first one. We had a little lesson played games and had treats. It was so much fun. We also had three investigators come to it :] So we are hopefully going to have a lot of success with this.  Our branch is awesome! I really feel like we are a family! But we have a goal to have a stake here by December so we have had a lot of meetings about hastining the work. The district president spoke in sacrament meeting about it and said that this is not a goal of President Wilkinson that this is the goal the lord has set for us.  That he expects it of us.  So we hopefully will have a little more help from the members and we are going to be working our tails of to have a stake before I have transfers :] 

Well that has basically been my week. Hope everyone is well :] Love you all and thanks for you prayers and emails! Hey Kate I hope to see some pictures of your children soon :] and the new Liam also! <3 love you guys 
Morgue your kids are TO CUTE and TO BIG! Love them SO MUCH! 

Love you all <3 Hermana Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment