Friday, July 11, 2014

Hola Familia


Hola Familia!!! Como Estan?? 

Ah Esta semana fue tan bien! Yo tengo una meta para solo hablar en Espanol entonces su carta va a ser en espanol :] jaja No es cierto :]

How are you all doing? This week has been great! I dont know where to start....

We had a Zone meeting this week and that was a lot of fun. But we were on the bus to get there and we have heard so many stories about other missionaries contacting buses here. We dont have buses in our area because we just walk everywhere. But we decided that we wanted to contact this bus. So we stood up in the front and just said basically hi we are missionaries  we have a message about jesus christ if anyone is interested we will be coming around to your seats.And then we talked to everyone on the bus. After that we were in the reunión and the ZL asked me to share a spiritual experience. I was so nervous but I did it and it wasn't terrible! Then after we went back and decided to contact that bus so we did and We found a family that lives in our area! We met with them yesterday and the Dad is really interested! We will see what happens. 

After the meeting we just started working but I really felt like wow I can kind of speak. Presidente Wilkinson said that most Gringas have this time where they feel like they cant speak and then their spanish just takes off! I am for sure understanding more and starting to speak more! The lord is blessing my spanish so much! Thank you for all your prayers they are really helping! That day I actually started talking to people on the street and I felt like hey maybe i can be a missionary..... :] 

So for the 4th of july there is another Gringa here so we had to go on divisions because my companion and I had two appointments at the same time.  So I had to lead the lesson and talk to our investigators. I was so nervous because our investigator always has a ton of questions about her reading in the book of mormon. But she read in 2nd Nephi about the plan of salvation and she said okay i get it i understand why we have bad things happen in our lives.  It was awesome! She isn't ready to be baptized or anything but she has SO much faith. The first time that we met her she said last night I was asking God for something more in my life. You girls just have a light about you. It is awesome! We still have lots of work to do because her and her "spouse"are not married..... (no one here is....) and he is married to someone else. So its like a 4 or 5 month process for the divorce and wedding. Then hopefully baptism!!!  But after the lesson the other Gringa and I decided that we were going to have ice cream to celebrate :] that was fun! And that night we had hot dogs rootbeer and ice cream to celebrate! 

The spanish is coming. I mean it is not perfect by any means but I can have a kind of conversation with people now :] 

We are in San Jose AGAIN for changes because one of the Hermanas is changing and the other is going to be a trainer so we are in a trio for a few days until her new hija comes :] Also my companion has a dentist appointment so we are going to that in like an hour.  But i guess the dentist here is a member  and she does all the work for free because dental isnt covered by the church.  So that is awesome! 

Well family this week has been so much better! We have some really awesome goals and are excited to work. I know that this is exactly where I need to be and There are people here I need to find! Love you and miss you all! You guys are the best! 

Love Hermana Chatwin

No comments:

Post a Comment